How to Attract a Cancer Man
Cancer men are highly selective of their women and very diplomatic. No matter what your sign, you can attract a Cancer man for a one night stand or attempt another long term relationship. You can keep him interested in you and get him back if you lose him. If you do the right things, any woman can attract a Cancer man.
Winning a Cancer Man
The first thing you need to know about securing the affections of a Cancer man is this: you’ll probably have to do all of the legwork. The Cancer man is highly unlikely to make the first move, as he suffers from a deep-rooted fear of rejection. So, you’ll probably need to work on those pick-up lines! With the Cancer man, it is very much a case of making your move. There’s no point letting him know how you feel or subtly suggesting that you find him attractive: his fear of rejection will prevent him from seeing these as compliments; instead, he will perceive them as potential pitfalls, as opportunities to be rejected and humiliated. No, if you want a Cancer man, chances are you’re going to have to just come out and say it. You may even need to write it down and draw diagrams!
All that being said, it isn’t difficult to ingratiate yourself with the Cancer man. All Cancer men, whether they are mild examples or extreme cases of the type, love their family and, in particular, their mother. If you demonstrate that you have a strong bond with your own mother, this will go down very well. If you’ve recently treated your mother to a day out, taken her shopping or to a show, make sure you drop this into the conversation at the first opportunity. The Cancer man can only love someone who adores their own mother.
Extra points can also be scored if you ask about his mother. There may even be a photograph of her on his desk; if so, make sure you point out the resemblance between him and his mother – he’ll love you for this. If you can squeeze it in without sounding too corny, mention how young his mother looks… “I thought that was a picture of your sister!” The Cancer man is very tactile and he loves to be touched. If you’re trying to get his attention, touch him gently on the arm, shoulder or, best of all, the back of the hand. This is likely to make him immediately well-disposed toward you. Make sure your hands are warm first!
Cancer Man Interests
The good news is that Cancers are very predictable and consistent people once you know what to expect from them. The bad news is that this is very much a "love them or hate them" personality with very little middle ground. These are emotional and caring people, typically very passionate though often very reserved until they know and trust you. They’re super intuitive, and typically very sensitive to fake people. Most of them feel that they have been stung by partners in the past and (especially when older) can put up some fairly high walls due to this, and be fairly pessimistic when it comes to evaluating potential partners.
What Attracts Cancer Men
- Don’t forse Relationstips: One thing that you should know about learning how to attract a Cancer is the fact that they don’t open up all that quickly. They don’t allow themselves to be known really easily, so you have to know that going in. Let them come to you, let them know you before you start to pry, otherwise you could lose your crush quicker than you think!
- Be Sensetive: The Cancer is a sign that is super, super sensitive, but they don’t like to admit it. They want people to think that they have a tough exterior, but truthfully, they are so sensitive, they have a really hard time expressing themselves. So, that means that you’ve got to learn how to react to some of the things that they say – and maybe tone down some of the things that you say!
- Work to gain Trust: Ah, trust is a huge sticking point with a Cancer. They have trust issues with most people and you are going to really have to work hard to try to gain their trust because it will be so, so worth it when you do. Just remember, a Cancer is someone that doesn’t trust easily, but once you have it, it’s hard to break it.
- Be Patient: Patience is going to be necessary whenever you are trying to attract a Cancer. It might not be easy in the beginning and it might not be something that is quick, but it is an #attraction that will last and once you are in – you’re in. Remember that when you are working so hard to even turn a Cancer’s eye!
- First impression: Oh yes, the first impression is something that truthfully sticks with this particular sign and it’s hard to change, so when you first start to interact with your Cancer-crush, make sure that your first impression is awesome! To me, a first impression is just like a first imprint – and you want that to make a difference, right?
What Turn Offs Cancer Men
A lot has been written about Cancer and their mood swings. As with most personality traits you can choose to look on these as a good or a bad thing (most Cancers are well aware of them and sick of hearing about it, so this isn’t a good early topic of conversation).
Their moods make them very exciting lovers, offering a variety of needs, desires and preferences at different times. If you’re able to empathize with and enjoy meeting your partners needs as they arise then they make exceptionally satisfying partners (Scorpio and Pisces are perfect here).
It’s fair to say however that Cancer is a partner who needs a little "looking after" so if you’re too self centered (Aries and Leo beware!) you may want to think carefully and be prepared to change in this area (as it’s really not optional). In exchange they are nearly always willing to nurture you, probably more than your parents did!
You probably know from your own personality if this is the type of partner you want. While very occasionally you may find an independent Cancer (perhaps with very heavy fire or air influences in their natal chart) the vast majority fit the above generalization.
When He Takes the Plunge
The Cancer man is very loyal and hardly places any demands at all on his partner. All you have to do is show him affection, appreciate the things he does for you and demonstrate love and loyalty to your own family. The only major sticking point is likely to be his mother. If you get on well with his mother, there will be no problems at all; in fact, this will cement your relationship to the point where it is practically unbreakable. However, if you and his mother don’t see eye-to-eye, then there are going to be problems. Hopefully, these issues can be overcome by agreeing to disagree with his mother and keeping things affable. If not, your relationship with the Cancer man is likely to be a very difficult one.