How to Break Up with a Cancer Man
The confusion between emotional neediness and love can lead to problems in Cancerian relationships, so that the Cancerian needs to look at meeting their emotional needs from their inner resources before taking up with a partner. There are some exercises in the Cosmic Coaching book to help with this. Cancerians often feel that they are not loved enough, and so become clingy and demanding if a partner appears disinterested. Unfortunately, the Cancerian will often cling more and more tightly as the relationship deteriorates, making separation very difficult. If the partner has been unfaithful, the Cancerian will react with jealousy and, occasionally, aggression because the hurt has been so great. A Cancerian who feels unloved may stray in search of loving attention. The Crab is unlikely to divorce, however, no matter how unpleasant the marriage becomes as a consequence.
Cancer Man Break Up
Well, you could move to another state and change your name. Not because he’ll follow you and hunt you down (unless you count the first eighteen months after your breakup.) No. You should move because you may not have any friends or family left. They aren’t about to give up going to his house on Thursday nights for his famous eggplant lasagna with homemade death-by-chocolate cheesecake for dessert. Please, Mary! Be realistic!
If you are really sure you want out of this union, and you don’t want to leave town, here’s what you could do. Start treating him like a roommate, not a lover. Be nice, but not nice enough to give him the nooky he needs. Then introduce him to a new "friend." You know what he likes. You say his idea man is a cross between Tom Cruise, Larry Kramer, and Nancy ("Jo" from The Facts of Life) McKeon? Well, you go out and find that guy and make sure he ingratiates himself to your man. The only way to get rid of him is if you set it up so that he has a man to go to next. Let the new "Mrs. Cancer" provide the shoulder for your soon-to-be ex to cry on, over you.
Be kind but firm when you tell him it’s over, because he has a way of appealing to your innermost needs and insecurities. The man does not let go easily (even if you’ve only been going out for two weeks!) Good luck, my friend. And remember, there are lots of nice places to live in Bosnia.
- You don’t let him have his alone time - When the Cancer man wants to be alone, let him have his time. He will tend to have cranky moods that can be frustrating. He will come back, but if you try to resolve things before he is ready he will revert even further into his shell.
- Criticize his feelings or emotions - This man is deeply emotional, and is very sensitive. If you make fun of him for this, he will hide his true feelings from you.
- Tell his secrets to others - This man is very secretive, and hides sides to him that not many get to see. If he lets you in, and you turn around and blab he will be gone.
- You are too hard - This man has a hard shell that covers his soft insides. If he thinks you are too rough around the edges, he may assume you won’t be sensitive towards him.
- Not getting along with his mom - This man is a momma’s boy! If you don’t get along with his mother, that will be a HUGE problem.
- Tell him family isn’t one of your priorities - This man has three priorities, and one of them is to have a family of his own one day. If you aren’t interested in that, you may want to hit the road.
- You tell him what to do too much - Like a crab, this man moves sideways a lot more than he moves forward. If you start telling him what to do a lot, he may very well retreat.
- Refuse to do things he really wants to do with you - If he starts feeling comfortable enough to ask you to go on adventures and outings with you, do your best not to say no. It takes a lot of courage for these guys to ask, so don’t hurt his feelings!
- Not laughing at his jokes - This guy’s sense of humor is looney, but if you don’t find him funny it will really hurt his sensitive ego.
- Giggle when he is being sentimental - If he shows you his sensitive side, don’t make him feel uncomfortable when you start seeing it. Embrace his romantic sweetness.